Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Slippery Slope

I've been off track the last few days, ever since halloween. It seems I slipped down the slippery slope of candy and junk.

I would like to get to the bottom of why I let myself slip and slide at times like this. It's not like I don't allow myself candy or chocolate other times of the year. It certainly shouldn't be a deprivation thing!

I need to get to the bottom of this before the christmas season hits! I'll be tested all over again and slide down the slippery slope if I don't figure this out and fully surrender this to the Lord!

I need God to once again lift me out of the slimy pit, out of the mud and mire and set my feet on a rock, giving me a firm place to stand. (Psalm 40:2)

8 comments:

  1. Oh Christina! God is really amazing! I'm about to post and we are EXACTLY on the same page. Your photo could have been exactly what I saw in the picture God gave me today.

    Wow.

    Makes me want to scream and dance and shout!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Maybe we can learn together then!

    I'm kind of clueless where to even get started in fully surrendering this to the Lord. I have been starting my days with quiet times with Him and prayers of surrender and prayers throughout the day...and then still slip and slide. I know I have some learning to do!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. God is faithful and will hear your cries. This is most definitely the toughest time of year for those of us who struggle with food issues. I pray my heart will change and that I will crave Christ instead of food.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Christina,

    I can really relate to your post- and the graphics- since I had been down my slippery slope recently. If I could (through the Lord) be victor of the 'all or nothing' mentality!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just stopping by again to let you know you're on my mind.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks, Paula. I appreciate you very much:-) Isn't it amazing how God has provided such a great network of christian friends to surround us on this journey?! I think it's awesome!

    My focus is truly on surrender today. God is good.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Pray you're having a blessed weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  8. "I need God to once again lift me out of the slimy pit, out of the mud and mire and set my feet on a rock, giving me a firm place to stand. (Psalm 40:2)"
    I wrote a devotional on my blog called Vain and A Glutton on Thursday. I too am struggling with this food that I have conqueored, defeated and crushed under my feet, to find it is now in my hands and going into my mouth!~ I KNOW God won't leave me like this but I desire to get right, not allow myself to get into that eating habit that leads to sin.
    My weight loss journey (with God) started Feb. 2007 and I'm praising Him for setting me free and NOT giving up on me.
    Thanks for sharing your heart...

    ReplyDelete