Tuesday, November 18, 2008

ThinWithin~Day 24, 25, 26

A few snapshots of what hit me in my readings the past number of days...

Chapter 24 - feel the 0 for awhile before eating. TW pg 260

I am 100% positive the book in NO way encourages anorexic behavior with these words. Rather it is a great reminder to people like me, who struggle with greed and gluttony and ultimately overeating, to not be afraid of the "0" and to really be thankful to be hungry...and then of course to feed my body when it is in need. I just appreciated the reminder that I don't have to instantly jump up and eat the second I feel hunger!

Chapter 25 - determining the purposes for eating with others.

By planning ahead to maintain your boundaries in a social setting, you can take a proactive approach. You can respond, rather than react if you plan in advance. TW pg269

I had some social eating opportunities this past weekend and did not plan appropriately. I ended up eating outside 0-5 unfortunately and didn't practice present time conscious eating. I definitely need to plan in advance more frequently.

Chapter 26 - satisfaction vs gratification

I work quite frequently on gratification. I know that it is temporary. I definitely am longing to find more satisfaction in God during those moments of temptation, rather then food.

Consider it pure joy, my brothers, whenever you face trials of many kinds, because you know that the testing of your faith develops perseverance. Perseverance must finish its work so that you may be mature and complete, not lacking anything. James 1:2-4

Well, I continue to persevere! I keep on keeping on! I know I've not been in "the" zone lately! But I do keep pressing on. I am thankful that God promises to make me "mature and complete, not lacking anything." How awesome is that!

3 comments:

  1. Thanks for taking the time to follow me to again, to my new website. I agree, the book does not promote eating disorders. I believe people fail to see that overeating is an eating disorder, just as detrimental as anorexia. Overeating is a slow form of suicide.

    Have you noticed that food tastes better when you wait for 0 to eat. It's amazing, I am eating less, but enjoying food so much more.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I sure enjoy the food more when I'm actually practicing conscious eating, that's for sure!

    By the way I got my TLT book in the mail yesterday. I'll start in on it as soon as I finish the TW book. I'll probably start on the weekend or Monday.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Agreed- TW does NOT promote eating disorders! I do think that many of us are afraid to truly be hunger. When we have had such a reliance upon food to learn how to deal without it can be a very scary thing.

    I am on day 20 and the satisfaction/gratification sounds very interesting!

    ReplyDelete