Saturday, November 8, 2008

Sit down, Slow down, Savour

Three "S" 's! I was doing a bit of observing and correcting with today's supper meal and noticed that the three areas I needed to zone in on all started with "S"! I know that I passed the #5 threshhold due mostly in part to failing to adhere to the keys to conscious eating, in particular: sitting down, slowing down and savouring.

So, I seek to surrender to my Savior and sit down, slow down and savour all that God has to offer (including food) in God's strength:-)

Posting a reminder for myself...

Keys to Conscious Eating:
1. Eat when my body is hungry ("0").
2. Eat in a calm environment by reducing distractions.
3. Eat when sitting.
4. Eat when my body and mind are relaxed.
5. Eat and drink the things my body enjoys.
6. Pay attention to my food while eating.
7. Eat slowly, savoring each bite.
8. Stop before my body is full ("5").

Hmmm.... I just noticed that my last post also started with "S"! Slippery Slope! Something strange going on:-)

9 comments:

  1. I love the S thing. I have noticed that I have such difficulty with the last three keys and the S's makes them so much easier to remember them. THANKS!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for posting the Keys to Conscious Eating as a reminder. I tend to eat too fast, so I too need to doe the three S's.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for sharing such an easy-to-remember reminder! That will definitely be a great help to me! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Christina, I needed to let you know your comment that you left for Paul on her Sunday post greatly ministered to me this morning. What does God say about us:, we are a crown of splendor in His right hand, the apple of His eye, He takes delight in us. I quote those scriptures alot over myself. Thanks for the reminder this morning..((hugs))Your beautiful sister in the Lord!~

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just wanted to let you know I stopped by :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hmmm... I wondered if I could find some more "S" words for the conscious eating keys:-)

    Can't think of one except STARVING which has negative connotations and isn't really a fair reflection of #0.
    1. Eat when my body is hungry ("0").

    STILL
    2. Eat in a calm environment by reducing distractions.

    SIT down.
    3. Eat when sitting.
    4. Eat when my body and mind are relaxed.

    SATISFYING foods
    5. Eat and drink the things my body enjoys.

    SLOW down
    6. Pay attention to my food while eating.

    SAVOUR
    7. Eat slowly, savoring each bite.

    STOP or SATIATED or SATISFIED
    8. Stop before my body is full ("5").

    ReplyDelete
  7. 4. Eat when my body and mind are relaxed.

    would fit better with STILL

    ReplyDelete
  8. Okay, I've gotta do one more...

    SSSooooo in SSSSummary:-)
    ZERO (that's almost an "S"!)
    STILL
    SIT
    SATISFYING food
    SLOW down
    SAVOUR
    STOP when SATISFIED

    and most importantly...
    STRENGTH from my SAVIOUR

    I promise I'm done with my "S"'s fun now:-) Not sure why this all tickled my fancy so much:-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ohhhh, I've just gotta add one more.

    SEEK the Strength of my Saviour.

    ReplyDelete