Thursday, October 13, 2011

Back...Again

I'm back....once again. I don't really have much spare time in my life nowadays. However, I think I can spare a few minutes each day to reflect here.

My weight has increased once again and I've now officially hit the 200 lb mark. *yikes* Scary to say the least! Though not a surprise as I've been slipping closer and closer to that mark over the past year.

Embarrassing. Feelings of shame and failure. Feelings of defeat. Feelings of the impossibility of making headway. And the list could go on and on.

God is doing so many awesome things in my heart and life right now. I'm so incredibly encouraged and excited about where God has been leading our family and ministry. And yet this one area (of gluttony and ultimately overweight) hangs over me....and feelings of doubt that God can help me gain victory over sin hangs over me. Yet I know this is not true. I know He can and will provide victory. I just must throw myself at His feet more and more and more until my heart begins to align with His heart. He will change me. He began a good work in me years and years and years earlier....and He will bring it to completion. I must trust Him.

So I am prompted to pray. Prompted to seek God. Prompted to wake up earlier each and every morning to draw near to my Savior.

I'm not sure what this stretch of the journey is going to look like. I've been here before and left before I hardly got started. But this is a new stretch. A new day. A new start.


2 comments:

  1. Whoops- I made a mistake on last entry. ;)

    Oh Christina,

    I'd been writing a blog post throughout the day and tonite right before publishing I saw YOUR blog post and that you are back. It's so great to see you blogging again. Definitely NOT a coincidence that we both are back TODAY!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Lil, it is so good to hear from you again. I was not sure if I would have anyone to journey with still....so you are a great encouragement to my heart.

    ReplyDelete