Friday, October 14, 2011

Prompted to Pray

It's staring me straight in the face....all that extra weight, my rebellion...and trying so hard to ignore the signs!

No more. It's time to be intentional. It's time to be prayerful. It is time to use God's wonderful design of hunger to prompt me to PRAY! Cry out to Him. Depend on Him.

I experienced a fair number of victories yesterday, praise God. I made a plan at the beginning of the day as to what I'd eat (approximately anyways). I stuck with the plan for the most part. However, in the evening I strayed a bit (outside of fullness as well as outside of my original plan) as I reached out to sugar, sugar, sugar......more sugar.

I definitely have a problem relationship with sugar. Can I eat it in moderation? I have in the past, though it still has reared its ugly head at times. Can I do that again? Stop at one cookie? A small piece of cake or pie? etc. etc. A question I need to ponder and pray about.

Yet to all who did receive him, to those who believed in his name, he gave the right to become children of God. John 1:12

Lord I believe You help us overcome darkness and sin. Today I receive You and choose to surrender to Your rule and reign in my life. Today I choose to follow You. Open my eyes to Your calling in my life each step of the way. Show me where you want me to walk, what you want me to say, what you want me to do. I pray that You would be glorified through my life lived for You. Thank You for accepting me as Your child. What a beautiful mystery! In Jesus name, amen.


No comments:

Post a Comment