Friday, October 21, 2011

Observations

I have a few random observations and thoughts I want to share this morning.

First of all, Wednesday night I REALLY battled to beat the temptation of chocolate chips. And, thank the Lord for helping me withstand the temptation! I made it through victorious. The next morning I stepped on the scale (which I find is a helpful routine for myself....I know for many this is NOT productive in their journey). Anyways, I was less almost 2 lbs from the day before. I was thankful I made it through the temptation and was able to know these choices make a difference.

Second, I am reminded this morning once again that I eat whenever I'm tired - from work, from a long day, from hosting, from emotions..... I eat to experience a pick-me-up. I've come up with other options before, but it's hard for them to stick. This is one area I will definitely need to address and seek the Lord on.

Lastly, I am heading into the weekend. I know that bday cake is on the horizon on Saturday night as I celebrate my nephew's birthday.

And I know that weekends in general are
....more social (which comes hand in hand with more sugary treats present and makes it hard to stay within 0-5)
....less routine and my sleep gets all out of whack as I stay up later (which makes me more tired, which leads me to eat when I shouldn't)

I love weekends, but I know they present challenges in my journey. So I seek God this weekend and pray for His help.

Lord, I lay this all before You. I pray that I may turn to You when I'm tired. Show me the better way out of these moments of temptation and weakness. And Father, this weekend I pray that You would help me remain obedient to Your will. Help me steer clear of doing things my way this weekend. Help me keep my eyes fixed on Your will. Take up all my heartspace I pray. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment