Sunday, October 16, 2011

Rewards & Motivation

I have been pushing my case to Jon for a couple weeks that we should get a new bed. We moved into a new home this past April and now have a room that can be a dedicated guest bedroom (and also acts as a computer room for the kids and Jon). Prior to this, every time our in-laws visited we either had to give up our bed and sleep in the basement rec room on a futon bed or else my in-laws would take my eldest daughter's bed and we'd throw a mattress on the ground in her sister's room for her to sleep on. We all miss our beds and our space when this happens..... And the futon, which is now in the guest bedroom awaiting company, is SOOOO rock hard and squished thin and really does not seem "honoring" to Jon's parents when they come to visit. So I've been pushing for this new bed. Our current bed, which is in good shape despite being used for 15 years, would move to the guest room and we'd get a new bed (maybe a KING size since we now have more room in our master bedroom too! ooh! that would be awesome).

However, Jon has not been convinced that we should get this bed ASAP prior to his parent's next visit (which we expect will be after christmas).

So I presented a savings plan to him:-) *wink* wink* (of course money doesn't grow on trees, but there is some give and flexibility in our budgetting...and of course less food eaten by me means more $$ saved from our regular spending)

So here is the plan he agreed to.... For every pound I lose $10 goes into the savings plan. For every sugar-free day I can manage to get through an additional $5 goes into the savings plan!

This new plan allows me to stay motivated and kind of "earn" what I've been begging for....and Jon certainly feels happy to help me stay motivated and reward all the hard work. AND my in-laws will soon have a good bed to sleep on in their own room every time they visit which I think is honoring to them, especially at their age. Win win I would say:)

So my weight release and cutting the sugar addiction will be helping me get a new bed:-)

So far I've gone two days sugar-free. When I say sugar free I'm not meaning miniscual amounts of sugar in so many products, but rather things that are added sugar - like sugar in coffee/tea, jam on bread, sweetened cereals, dessert items. So far, between weight released and sugar free days I've tucked away $20:-)

No comments:

Post a Comment