Sunday, October 23, 2011

This Weekend...

Weekends are always the toughest part of the week for me in regards to self-control and discipline. So I think it will be a good practice for me to update this blog at the end of each weekend to have some form of accountability.

Friday night:
I grabbed for some snacking stuff at 9:30pm. Went for some leftover sweet potato fries (which I must say were absolutely delicious...haven't made those in awhile!) and some crackers. All of this was outside of 0-5 (hunger and satisfaction)....which is disappointing.

Saturday:
Got out for a walk with my husband in the a.m. which was a treat. Waited for hunger for breakfast/lunch....turned into a brunch meal as a result. However, I guess the amount I ate was not the correct amount of fuel for my body and so I wasn't quite at "0" for supper, but still ate with the family. In the evening I went to my nephew's party and bypassed the delicious looking chocolate cake. Had a bit of fruit instead. Mission accomplished:-)

Sunday:
Waited for hunger at the start of the day again....and once again had to wait until lunch to be hungry. And finally by later in the evening I had some supper when I was pretty much at "0". Bypassed sweet treats at my piano recital. Again mission accomplished:-) Praise God!

Observations:

#1. It's much easier to not feel mastered by sugar when I'm just making a clear decisive decision to steer completely clear of the stuff. My kids are watching me very closely, asking me if this or that has sugar in it. Nothing like a bit of pressure to live up to their expectations! And my eldest daughter is trying to limit her sugar to a more moderate amount. The kids both find it fascinating and almost unbelievable that I can make it through halloween season without candy! So I've got some proving to do:-) Challenge on! God has definitely been speaking to me in regards to sugar for some time. I'm a little bit afraid to think about what He will be calling me to do long term....but will just take it one step at a time.

#2. I need to tweak the amounts I'm eating for lunches as it is clearly a little bit more fuel than needed to last a couple hours. And obviously I'm overdoing it a little bit at supper or evening as I haven't been hungry for breakfast at a reasonable time the past few days.


No comments:

Post a Comment