Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Boundaries for Freedom

"I have these boundaries in place not for restriction but to define the parameters of my freedom. My brokenness can't handle more freedom than this right now. And I'm good with that." Made to Crave by Lysa Terkeurst

I'm finding this concept so interesting right now. I never thought I'd see the day when I'd ever actually CONSIDER cutting sugar consumption (to the degree I am now). I thought the higher road (which was actually my own rationalization) was to work on eating it in moderation.

But I'm coming to realize how broken I truly am in this area. Really broken. My whole diet (referring to everything I eat, not a plan) gets all of whack when I open the door even a crack to sugary temptations. I seem to be unable to manage it in moderation...at least for now.

And I feel a kind of freedom I haven't felt in a long long long long time....if ever.

I guess boundaries can really define freedom, as reflected in the opening quote.

Anyways, I just feel amazed to feel free! Underneath it all I am certainly a little nervous about what this means long term, but right now I feel thankful for God's nudgings :-)

2 comments:

  1. YES YES YES! Isn't it ironic that freedom can come with boundaries? My dog can play freely in her yard without a care for being assaulted by one of the nasty deer that live around here, but if that fence--that boundary--wasn't in place, she would *think* she was free...and she might be...until she ran headlong into one of those deer who love to beat the tar out of dogs with their hooves. Then, she would be fearful out there in the great big world...and with reason. So yes! Boundaries provide freedom! Weird, huh? Thanks for bringing this up, Christina!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great example, Heidi. Thanks again for your feedback, encouragement, inspiration, support and friendship :-)

    ReplyDelete