Friday, October 28, 2011

Flee!

Last night was disappointing for me because my old self reared its ugly head. I am surprised how wrong it felt after only 2+ weeks or so of healthy habits. I guess the fact that it felt so wrong is the silver lining :-) In the past I went numb to all feelings of remorse as quickly as possibly.

"I can make the choice to identify my shortcomings and, instead of using them against myself, hand them over to Jesus and let Him chisel my rough places. The grace-filled way Jesus chisels is so vastly different than the way I beat on myself. My beatings are full of exaggerated lies that defeat. His chiseling is full of truth that sets me free." Made to Crave by Lysa Terkheurst

Observation: I'm not sure why I was snacking last night. I grabbed a handful of cereal (special K strawberry cereal - which is pretty close to the crossing the sugary borderline for me...possibly why it was drawing me in) and that one handful led to another to another and then finally to a couple mini bowls of cereal and milk. It felt compulsive, magnetic, impossible to avoid....

Correction: I was MADE FOR MORE. I was made for victory, made to pursue holiness, made to GLORIFY GOD. And moments like these are NOT the moments to turn off the Holy Spirit's promptings. Rather these are the promptings to PRAY and seek His strength! Next time I grab a handful of anything when I'm not hungry FLEE! Pray, read the Bible, blog, journal my thoughts, listen to music, go for a walk, do some music homework........FLEE!

No comments:

Post a Comment