Saturday, October 15, 2011

Made for More

I've been reading a book entitled "Made to Crave" by Lysa Terkeurst. In my reflections are scattered some of the phrases she uses in this book.

"Made for more" is one of them. The truth that God made me for victory, made me to crave Him, made me to know Him is very exciting! I will be taking this truth with me into the day ahead.

I realized today that I don't REALLY believe that God can give me the power to turn away from the draw of sugar. I don't REALLY believe He can give me victory over eating a bowl of ice cream that is calling my name. This is a problem because the truth is that He CAN give me victory....and here I don't believe Him! I need to start letting that truth sink deep into my soul. Lord teach me!

Before I sign off, here are a few verses I read today...

"I keep asking that the God of our Lord Jesus Christ, the glorious Father, may give you the Spirit of wisdom and revelation, so that you may know him better. I pray also that the eyes of your heart may be enlightened in order that you may know the hope to which he has called you, the riches of his glorious inheritance in the saints, and his incomparably great power for us who believe." Ephesians 1:17-19

We are to "keep asking" our "glorious Father" as His children with new identities in Him, so that we may "know him better" and so we may see His power available to His children. Pretty amazing truths. I know that God uses my weaknesses to draw me closer, to make me crave Him more, to teach me to rely on His strength and power not mine. So I guess I should be thankful in some sort of way that I have this pesky battle all these years.

No comments:

Post a Comment