Saturday, October 22, 2011

Planning Ahead

So tonight is my nephew's bday celebration. I'm perfectly full (or more rightly, "satisfied") and content with my supper meal. I don't need more fuel for my body. I'm going to somehow choose to bypass food tonight. I may nibble on a few bites of fruit if that is available but I won't touch chips/cake/crackers etc. I need to remember

"Christina, you were MADE FOR MORE."

A good reminder that God has made me to crave Him, to fill up on Him, to experience victory in Him...not be sucked in by temporal pleasures.

Lord, help me be self-controlled and alert and surrendered to You. This is where the rubber meets the road. This is what life is about. Help me live within Your blessed boundaries. Thank you Lord for all Your provisions. Amen.

2 comments:

  1. Praying for and with you. Thank God for his mercy, renewed every morning!
    Much love,
    Lund

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Lundie:-) Good to be back in touch:-) And yes, thank God for never giving up on us!

    ReplyDelete