Thursday, October 20, 2011

Thankful for Extra Pounds!

What a crazy title for this post! I have been arriving at the point this past 6 months where I actually feel a sense of thankfulness for the extra weight struggle to keep off....or more accurately GET OFF my body! This has been the story of my life. I've always been the bigger one of the group or family. Here is a quote I read this morning from "Made to Crave":

"When I get all caught up in how unfair it is that my friend is skinny and doesn't have to work at it, how she can eat what she wants when she wants, and how much it stink that I can't be like her. I remind myself that God didn't make me to be her. You see, He knew even before I was born that I could easily allow food to be an idol in my life, that I would go to food, instead of to Him, to fulfill my needs. And in His great wisdom, He created my body so that it would experience the consequences of such a choice, so that I would continually be drawn back into His arms. He wants me to come to Him for fulfillment, emotional healing, comfort--and if I could go to food for that and never gain an ounce, well then, what would I need God for?"

I been coming to the same conclusion lately.

Another quote from "Made to Crave":
"Compromise built upon compromise equals failure... [P]romise upon promise creates empowerment."

When I dwell on God's promises and Word, calling out to Him, He empowers me to change and be set free from slavery to this sin of gluttony and greed. That is what I want to see happen in my life. Just like I said yesterday, I want God to have 100% of my heartspace:-)

2 comments:

  1. I am so glad you continue to blog your journey. I have been derailed in my writing efforts. Trying too hard to run away from home where my computer happens to be...Anyhow, thanks for your faithfulness. I appreciate you so much!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, I'm not sure I've been "faithful" LOL - at least not in terms of 0-5 eating. But God is not done with me yet. I guess there are just times where God uses the lowest points to wake us up to His will and voice! Thanks so much for your encouragement. I still feel like hiding my head in a hole right from shame....but I know that is not what God made me for! Thanks again, Heidi:-) Your words mean a lot to me.

    ReplyDelete