Sunday, October 23, 2011

Daily Provisions

I know I'm not going to be able to do justice to recap the latest chapter I've been reading in "Made to Crave" but I'll try to give a very quick summary....because it really was a good reminder.

God provided the Israelites with all they needed each day with manna and quail. They were not to take more than they needed for each day, but rather to depend on Him daily to provide for their needs. But they struggled to do just that....and took more than they needed (greedy? anxious? I'm not sure why). Sounds a lot like someone I know:-)

As a result God had them wander the desert for 40 years so they could learn to depend on Him.

Yikes! I don't want to wander for 40 years to learn my lesson to depend on God. Though come to think of it I've already spent 14 years of my life of God putting this lesson on my radar.

I appreciate this story in the bible as it is a good reminder that GOD PROVIDES. And not only that...but He actually WANTS TO PROVIDE and desires that I depend on Him each day - for my food, for strength, for self-control, for love, for joy, for peace, for contentment, for peace......and more!

What a beautiful, awesome, loving God we serve!

"Open wide your mouth and I will fill it." Psalm 81:10

No comments:

Post a Comment