Friday, January 9, 2009

Counting My Blessings...

To him who is able to keep you from falling and to present you before his glorious presence without fault and with great joy—to the only God our Savior be glory, majesty, power and authority, through Jesus Christ our Lord, before all ages, now and forevermore! Amen. Jude 1:24-25
This is a great truth to hold on to. He is the One who keeps me from falling. He is able. I can trust Him on that one. He is transforming me into his likeness (2 Cor. 3:18). He is the author and PERFECTOR of my faith (Hebrews 12:2). He is doing a good work in me and will bring it to completion (Phil 1:6). He is making me mature and complete, not lacking anything, as I persevere in the face of trials (James 1:2-4). I must stand firm in the faith (1 Peter 5:8-10). And I can TRUST that God is able to keep me from falling! I continue fixing my eyes on Jesus (Hebrews 12:2). It is all about HIS strength, grace and power in the face of my weakness and failings. Praise God!

But we have this treasure in jars of clay to show that this all-surpassing power is from God and not from us. 2 Corinthians 4:7

Thank you Lord for this great truth, that YOU are able to keep me from falling...because I know that I am certainly prone to falling! I pray that you would help me stand firm in the faith and keep my eyes fixed on You alone. Amen.

Edit update: I continued meditating on these truths here at my Rainbow Promises blog.

(Explanation behind focussing on the names/titles/descriptions.)

No comments:

Post a Comment