Friday, January 9, 2009

He is able to keep us from falling!

I just posted here at my counting my blessings blog on the truths contained in the following verses...

To him who is able to keep you from falling and to present you before his glorious presence without fault and with great joy—to the only God our Savior be glory, majesty, power and authority, through Jesus Christ our Lord, before all ages, now and forevermore! Amen. Jude 1:24-25

And as I continue meditating on the truths contained in this verse I had another few verses hit me. As I applied the above verse directly to my desire to glorify God with my eating and drinking, I was reminded of the following verse...

No temptation has seized you except what is common to man. And God is faithful; he will not let you be tempted beyond what you can bear. But when you are tempted, he will also provide a way out so that you can stand up under it. 1 Corinthians 10:13

God makes a way. He provides an exit plan.

He provides a way so that we can STAND and NOT FALL!

I am going to be alert and intentionally looking for those exits that He provides in all areas of my life when I am tempted to sin.

Secondly, another verse started literally flooding my mind...

Now to him who is able to do immeasurably more than all we ask or imagine, according to his power that is at work within us... Ephesians 3:20

More than all I could ASK or IMAGINE! Wow, that is powerful! What an awesome, loving God! He is ABLE!

I can't help but get excited about these truths. THESE truths from God's Word are worth lining the walls of my mind! I am going to cling to these truths.

2 comments:

  1. I need to look to the Lord for more 'way outs'. =)

    And Ephesians 3 20 IS such a wonderful verse too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful truths to cling to Sister! Especially Ephesians 3:20, "more than we could ask". I will pray these verses come to my mind during times of temptation.

    ReplyDelete