Friday, January 23, 2009

I'm ready!

I appologize that my posts have been a bit lengthy lately, for those of you who come by to visit my blog. A good part of the reason I blog at all is to essentially pull together my own thoughts so I can put a cohesive thought together:-) Sometimes it takes longer then other times to get that thought cemented:-) What a great God we have, who can actually know what I'm thinking (and fully understand it) before I can even put it into words (Ps. 139:4)! Pretty cool!

Okay, the reason I'm writing today may end up being a bit premature... I just have this feeling inside me that I'm ready for the next phase of my weight release journey! I feel like God has equipped me with so much real "food" (meaning His word and teachings) that I feel ready to just fly and soar on the wings of the eagle! I feel such hope!
"...but those who hope in the LORD will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint." Isaiah 40:31
Something inside me is just saying "I'm ready Lord!" So I sit at my Lord's feet, feed on His Word and humble myself before Him. I am so well aware that I am simply a "jar of clay"~a weak, everyday, ordinary, chipped, cracked weak pot!
BUT I also am very well aware that inside of me resides the GREATEST TREASURE~God Himself! And He is all-loving and all-powerful!

But we have this treasure in jars of clay to show that this all-surpassing power is from God and not from us. 2 Corinthians 4:7

Yet, O LORD, you are our Father. We are the clay, you are the potter; we are all the work of your hand. Isaiah 64:8

He who began a good work in you [that's me too!] will bring it to completion until the day of Christ Jesus. Phil 1:6

1 comment: