Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Counting My Blessings...

Seeing things through the eyes of a child.
As we were doing some bible reading tonight my 6 year old said she had a tough question, "How do I know if God is talking to me because I don't seem to hear Him?" My 9 year old proceeded to tell her "You'll know God is talking to you when He is. It won't be hard. You'll know." or something to that effect. I thought about what she said for a moment and was blown away by the beauty and simplicity of that answer! She is right. When God speaks, it is clear! Sometimes there is a bit of ambiguity at first, but if we keep listening and seeking Him, He will certainly make His will for us abundantly clear. I'm thankful for that little snippet of wisdom.

My sheep listen to my voice; I know them, and they follow me. John 10:27


Precious prayers.
My 9 year old daughter prayed before bed tonight, completely blowing me away and blessing me with a prayer for my broken tooth, for her teacher's health, and for good dreams for mom (that's me). I was brought to tears. It was just so special to be held in her arms and prayed over. I thank God for her.

No comments:

Post a Comment