Friday, January 30, 2009

Ironic Timing!

Last night, as I lay in bed, it hit me that my last post was posted with quite ironic timing! I wondered why on earth I decided to post about "excuses" when it was my birthday the very next day! I was looking forward to "treats" no matter how far outside of 0-5 boundaries they were! Now that is ironic and willfully rebellious, isn't it?! And I groaned (yes, groaned...and had a grumbly attitude!) because I knew I'd have to be accountable HERE for my choices! I have to laugh aloud at the irony of that! God must have been speaking to me last night for a reason:-)

Anyways, I will rest and lean on Jesus today. I will aim for Him to increase and for me to decrease. And I will make it my aim to joyfully and gladly try to stay within 0-5 boundaries :-) And I WILL give account for my choices today:-)

So, here is my action plan as I pre-plan for the challenges that lay ahead for the day...

Breakfast - I was hungry and enjoyed a pancake breakfast. Thanks, Lord!

Lunch - I don't think I'll be hungry for lunch after the larger breakfast....though maybe I'll be surprised:-) If I am hungry I will aim for something really light, maybe even just some juice, to ensure I'm hungry for supper.

Supper - It's dinner at my parent's place. One thing I'm prepared for is some birthday dessert there and then Jon and I have already planned to go out for DQ blizzards (at my request)... That's quite a lot of sweets potentially.... Anyways, I'll aim to savour and enjoy and eat minimal amount at supper (main course and dessert)...yet ENJOY each and EVERY SINGLE bite to the fullest as my mother is cooking a special dinner and dessert for me, bless her:-) I'll aim to drink lots of water and put my fork down between bites and focus on wonderful family times and conversation. After that Jon and I will go out for blizzards and a movie and I'll savour that as well, stopping by a #5.

I gotta end this post with a favorite scripture I memorized in the past week and which I have been praying over my kids...and would like to pray over every one of YOU, my blog readers today!

[May] The Lord bless you and keep you.
[May] The Lord make his face shine upon you and be gracious to you.
[May] The Lord turn to you and give you peace.
(Numbers 7:24-26)
AMEN!

2 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday to you
    Happy Birthday to you
    Happy Birthday dear Christina
    Happy Birthday to youuuuuuuuuuu!!Do you hear me singing girl!! lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks:-) I can almost hear you singing:-) I loved the "youuuuuuuuuuu" part. Sounded fabulous!

    ReplyDelete