Friday, June 13, 2008

Counting My Blessings...

A great Dad.
My dad is an amazing man. He has been like a rock in my life. He has always been so calm, gentle, wise, kind, loving, patient and able to fix just about anything and everything. He always believed in me and made me feel valued and special. His faith in God has always been strong and solid and has inspired me many times over the years. His way of interacting with people, friendly and outgoing and really forming deep connections with others, has also inspired me. So, today as we go to celebrate father's day with my family, I have to say I'm very thankful for a great dad!

On-top-of-things school staff!
I'm really thankful for how the school staff were so alert and prepared in the case of a tornado during a watch that was on during the day today. I'm just really thankful that I can trust the staff with the safety of my kids! (of course it always feels better to have us all under one roof together, but they offered the next best thing to tornado-lightening skittish me!)

Answered prayer.
One of our friends (who is not a believer) was going for a job interview a couple weeks ago and I told him I'd be praying. When he saw me today he said, "I wanted to let you know I got that job! Thanks for praying!" Praise God for answered prayer. May God be glorified!

No comments:

Post a Comment