Thursday, June 5, 2008

Counting my Blessings

Lately I have been feeling God nudging me to grow more of a heart of gratitude, to recall and record the blessings He has poured into my life. And then I read TW chapter 17 (Grandeur of Gratitude) and it was like it all together and was crystal clear what God wanted me to do!

"As we continue to be thankful to the Lord, we discover that the shackles of self-preoccupation and greed begin to fall away, that our incessant need or want for more food begins to diminish. We discover that we are being transformed from within. It is in this place of continued surrender that we lay before Him our hearts, our hunger, and yes, our food. We are so grateful for the body He has given us and for His daily provisions. His grace and mercy are measureless." TW pg 174-175

So, I decided to formally recall and record the blessings He has poured into my life with posts labelled as "counting my blessings."

2 comments:

  1. PERFECT, Christina! I have a 1000 blessings blog, too! AWESOME!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've seen your wonderful 1000 blessings blog which in turn planted the seed for this idea of an online gratitude log. I think Lundie may do some kind of 1000 blessings tracking on her blog as well.

    I'm excited to track these blessings. I'm sure it will be faith building as I look back at all God has done:-)

    ReplyDelete