Sunday, June 8, 2008

Counting My Blessings...

"Stuff"!
Today I cleaned out my 6 yr old's room (with her help) and just shovelled "stuff" out--polly pocket cars, barbie accessories, dress up clothes, play dishes etc!--whittling down her toy collections to what she will really play with (and really hoping it will be easier for her to clean up from here on in!). I got rid of one garbage bag of garbage and three bags of toys/dress up clothes! It was incredible how much "stuff" can accumulate! We are certainly blessed to have the opportunity to have all these things. We will be digging through those bags soon and find toys that would be suitable to be donated to the orphanage we're visitting/serving at this summer in Mexico. It will be a good lesson for the kids--a reminder of all that we have and a lesson in generosity and giving.
Watermelon.
I definitely LOVE this fruit! As soon as the watermelons come into the grocery stores in March I start buying a large one every week or two until they are no longer available (around September!). Jon doesn't like watermelon so that just leaves more for me and the kids :-) Thank you Lord for making such a delicious fruit!

No comments:

Post a Comment