Monday, June 16, 2008

Monday update

Yesterday I wrote:
We're going to have a bit of an out-of-schedule kind of day as we spend a family day going biking and probably eating out (maybe just an ice cream stop). My aim will be to pack a light lunch for myself and take a very small serving of ice cream, maybe even just share Jon's ice cream treat and really savour those few bites... I like that idea:-)


I waited for hunger this morning...which felt like a huge victory as I really really wanted to eat earlier! Finally got hungry around 10:30am, which was perfect for our park picnic lunch stop. I ate a piece of farmer sausage in a bun (plus some veggies and an orange) at 10:45 but still wasn't hungry by 5:15 for supper *sigh*. I didn't feel anything past a #5, but I guess the protein in the sausage probably takes longer to digest. If I wanted to be hungry for supper at our usual time I guess I should have eaten maybe just half the sandwich....

We opted to go for slurpees rather then ice cream, according the kid's wishes...which helped me out a lot! I didn't feel at all tempted to have a slurpee! I just had a few sips of Jon's and was quite satisfied. Thank you Lord.


Yesterday I wrote:
After our biking outing I plan on creating a "pyramid" cake for the Wed. school event (taste of egypt). I'll aim to completely avoid any of those cake trimmings or icing, except if I'm hungry of course, at which point it would just be a moderate amount.
I cut the cake into the pyramid layers without snitching any cake trimmings. Thank you Lord. And I had a fairly moderate amount at supper for dessert...although I have to admit that was probably what did put me eating to a #6 for supper. I was pretty satisfied after our main course. I'm going to have to focus on this area a little more.

I haven't really done the "giving back the last bite to the Lord" today. I'll need to get back to that tomorrow.

Well, that's a summary of my day.

Because of the LORD's great love
we are not consumed,
for his compassions never fail.
They are new every morning;
great is your faithfulness.
I say to myself,
"The LORD is my portion; therefore I will wait for him."
Lamentations 3:22-24

2 comments:

  1. Praise Adonai! You did wonderful. I am so proud of you. Thanks for continuing to share and inspire.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for your encouragement... I can see I have MUCH more growing to do, in the Lord's strength and power and timing.

    ReplyDelete