Friday, June 27, 2008

Camping thoughts cont'd...

Just wanting to clarify that I plan on following my God-given hunger signals....not a menu plan. I am going to go with the flow and aim to function as a naturally thin eater. I think I'll keep my eye on my "naturally thin eater" friend while camping... She knows that she is my role model in this department:-) I just love how thin eating just flows naturally with her!

I was re-reading my post and thought my plan may have sounded a bit rigid to some people. The reason I am pre-planning these options is because I am of course pre-packing all the food to take with us on our trip. I just want to make sure I choose healthier options this time round with camping.

I know I am going to be challenged with 0-5 eating. I was reading 1 Corinthians 10:13 again this morning and am reminded that God WILL provide a way out of temptation. I will be resting in this truth...

"No temptation has seized you except what is common to man. And God is faithful; he will not let you be tempted beyond what you can bear. But when you are tempted, he will also provide a way out so that you can stand up under it."

I will also do as Jesus says...

"Watch and pray so that you will not fall into temptation. The spirit is willing, but the body is weak." Matthew 26:41

The following verse keeps on resonating with me as well...

"Let us fix our eyes on Jesus, the author and perfecter of our faith..." Hebrews 12:2

He is the author and perfector of our faith. Those words have been popping out to me the past couple days. What an awesome truth and promise.

Well, enough of my ramblings! I guess I won't be back on for about a week.

4 comments:

  1. Hope you have a great time!!!!! I know you're gonna do good with your eating. Praying for you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Christina, my name's darci. i just found your blog reading the thinwithin forum, which i joined this morning. i just ordered the workbooks this a.m. too. i hope you don't mind me reading along..i know i will need lot's of encouragement on this journey-eating is a stronghold in my life, for sure. i'm close to your height and weight, with three kids. i have a bet with my hubby..if i reach wedding weight he'll give up coke (coca cola :)
    darci :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for your prayers and encouragement, Paula:-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Darci,

    You are about to begin such an awesome journey with the Lord! Ooooh, what incentive you have with this bet with your husband! lol! Go for it!

    Also, I was just checking out your blog and noticed you were adopting some children from Ethiopia... Some close friends (actually our youth pastor/neighbour) are also adopting a child from Ethiopia...anxiously awaiting the call! All their paperwork is completed and sent off...

    (btw I don't live far from you...living here in Manitoba)

    ReplyDelete