Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Feelings of Failure

I have really been struggling with feelings of failure lately. It's like I've hit a road block again. I believe I'm a failure (I can hear satan screaming these lies in my head), I then behave like a failure and now I'm feeling the effects of this behaior... I feel dissatisfied with myself, and in turn am more irritable with my family and had to seek their forgiveness (which they graciously and freely offered).

I thought these statements and verses from "Who I am in Christ" by Neil Anderson (and found on pg 125 of TW) would be good reminders for myself at this time....
I am a new creature
"Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation; the old has gone, the new has come!" 2 Corinthians 5:17

I am established to the end
"He will keep you strong to the end, so that you will be blameless on the day of our Lord Jesus Christ." 1 Cor. 1:8

I am brought near by the blood of Christ
"But now in Christ Jesus you who once were far away have been brought near through the blood of Christ." Eph 2:13

I am more than a conqueror
"No, in all these things we are more than conquerors through him who loved us." Rom 8:37

I am sealed with the promise of the Holy Spirit
"And you also were included in Christ when you heard the word of truth, the gospel of your salvation. Having believed, you were marked in him with a seal, the promised Holy Spirit..." Eph 1:13

I am being changed into His image
"being confident of this, that he who began a good work in you will carry it on to completion until the day of Christ Jesus." Phil 1:6

I have all my needs met by God according to his glorious riches in Christ Jesus
"And my God will meet all your needs according to his glorious riches in Christ Jesus." Phil 4:19

I can do all things through Jesus Christ
"I can do everything through him who gives me strength." Phil 4:13

I press toward the goal for the prize of the high calling of God
"I press on toward the goal to win the prize for which God has called me heavenward in Christ Jesus." Phil 3:14


These verses (highlighted in TW ch 12) also really spoke to me:

"And God is able to make all grace abound to you,
so that in all things at all times,
having all that you need,
you will abound in every good work."
2 Cor. 9:8

"But he said to me,
'My grace is sufficient for you,
for my power is made perfect in weakness.'
Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses,
so that Christ's power may rest on me."
2 Cor. 12:9

Thank you, Lord, for your word. Thank you for your grace that provides me with all I need to do good works. Thank you for using my weaknesses for your glory. I grab hold of the promise that the testing of my faith develops perseverance, so that I may be mature and complete, not lacking anything. (James 1:2-4). I move forward in your strength and power alone. In Jesus name, amen.

2 comments:

  1. (((hugs))) Cling to the truth in those verses you posted my friend. In light of my recent feelings of shame and past dieting failures, and over not living up to the expectations of other, "Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ's power may rest on me." 2 Cor. 12:9 When we are weak, then He is strong. Last night I had to deal with some personal family drama. I felt such condemnation from the devil, I was in tears, and as I wept, I rocked back and forth and kept saying over and over, "I am worthy, I am loved, I was purchased by Christ's own blood". You are a great source of encouragement to me and others. Press on.

    ReplyDelete
  2. In regards to feelings of failure...I think much of it stems from this 157 lb marker, as it brings with it so much baggage of past failures.

    Thank you for your encouragement. Your words really lifted my spirits. Thanks for sharing about your experience last night. What a great reminder of how to deal with the devil's lies and condemnation. Thanks!

    Praying for you my friend:-)
    Christina :-)

    ReplyDelete