Sunday, December 28, 2008

Counting My Blessings...

A Glorious Crown

In that day the LORD Almighty will be a glorious crown, a beautiful wreath for the remnant of his people. He will be a spirit of justice to him who sits in judgment, a source of strength to those who turn back the battle at the gate. Isaiah 28:5-6

"The Lord is our crown, our treasure, our everything... Jesus came at Christmas, took one look at our shabby lives, and decided to put a crown on our heads, His crown, His own royal nature... Jesus is our treasure, but Jesus the Treasure turns right around and makes us His Treasure. He has a royal crown, He’s the King of Kings as you’ll hear, but Jesus turns around and crowns us with His royalty, beauty, and holiness." Pastor Ben Squires blog (which I randomly came as I researched this verse.)

I'm not sure I've stumbled across this verse before. This is a neat image for me to dwell on. God is a Glorious Crown for His people.

Thanks Lord for crowning Your children with royalty, beauty and holiness. Thank you for sending Jesus to be our Glorious Crown. Amen.

(Explanation behind focussing on the names/titles/descriptions.)

No comments:

Post a Comment