Monday, December 8, 2008

Accountability

I said I'd give account for the weekend... So here goes.

It didn't end up being quite as on track as I would have liked...or as the Lord would have liked is more like it! But I'm not beating myself up over it. I'm living and learning.

Thursday ended up being quite an on-track day, PTL!

Friday went smoothly until evening, even with a buffet dinner! Then when I got home I was getting the munchies and grabbed a handful of pretzels. I wanted to go much further then just a handful of pretzels let me tell you! I wanted to dig into chocolates and actually was picturing dipping pretzels into melted chocolate... And then the next image that came to mind and tempted me was a piece of hot toasted homeade bread (which i have on my counter). I knew God was calling me to leave it though and so I went down to the TV, took Vanilla my guinea pig in my lap and petted her for awhile. Made it, praise God.

I'm thankful I made it through the buffet meal victoriously, eating to a comfortable #5. I've decided I need to listen to the one body signal that i've noticed really happens frequently when I'm comfortably full--a nice little burp. I've tried to ignore it and just keep eating many times and know that is the signal that my body has enough and i need to stop *now*! So I'm planning being more vigilant in that regard.

Saturday I started out with good intentions and presented my plea for help before the Lord. I was calling out to Him. I was hungry in the morning... But then wasn't hungry before I headed to the church for play dress rehearsal and performance. So I ate at 11:30 and then the eating just seemed to go downhill from there. In the evening I ate more sugary treats then I should have after I returned from the drama performance.

On the positive note, the drama performance went AWESOME! The content of it went along the lines of a lot of content from Case for Faith and Case for Christ by Lee Strobel. My daughter was the main character, an investigative reporter, who was investigating the mystery of the manger. Her name was "Jane Blonde" playing on the James Bond character. Music would play everytime her name was said. It was a lot of fun and a really powerful script.

Sunday was so-so. I ended up getting a little overdosed on sugary stuff, despite hunger, after lunch when I was making some chocolate dipped pretzels and brownies. Too much chocolate and sugar for me. I decided to skip supper and ended up eating later after the Sunday evening drama performance when I got a little hungry.

Monday has been going well so far, praise God! Seriously! I am just so thankful for a new day and a new start:-) I have been enjoying more veggies and fruits today so far, which feels really good:-)

So, that's the rundown so far. I've gotta run though as I have to get this house back in order. My heart is praising God for helping me through some tempting moments and for constantly being near me. What an awesome God!

3 comments:

  1. Good you're not beating yourself up. It's so hard this time of year. Praise God the performance went well!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had a hard time on Saturday also. Praise God for His goodness, forgiveness and strength to pick myself up and start again...

    ReplyDelete