Sunday, December 14, 2008

Counting My Blessings...

Friends who support and encourage.
Last night I had a good talk with my friend, Karen, about the stronghold of gluttony. We both share this struggle. It has been wonderful to be able to talk openly about this with another believer. We both knew that after our small group meeting we were going to face temptation. I knew instinctively that I would be tempted to eat a piece of leftover cake when I got home, late at night. And she knew that she would be tempted to taste-test some cookies she was baking late that night. So we "pinky promised" we wouldn't give in to the temptation! We promised to hold each other accountable. So I remembered her in prayer in the evening. And we both held to our "deal"! It was such an encouragement to have a friend who could understand and wanted to support. I thank God for her friendship.

No comments:

Post a Comment