Thursday, December 25, 2008

Christmas Check-in

Christmas is here! I've had the image of Jesus being born in a manger sticking with me. Here's a quote from TLT which I just read yesterday...

Friend, you know that at Jesus' birth He was immediately placed into a manger, right? But do you know what a manger is? It is that which held the animal's food. Jesus Christ was placed into a feeding trough! His birth makes a statement that He came to be fed upon. TLT workbook pg 99

That's an awesome truth to chew on! Praise God for the gift of Jesus this Christmas!

I've been struggling to apply what God spoke to me about (as described in last post) to be other centered this Christmas. I know that God spoke this message very specifically to me at this time.

And once again the Lord spoke a reminder to me as I attended a lovely christmas eve service at my in-law's church. One verse that jumped out at me was the Galatians verse about walking in step with the Spirit. I needed that reminder as I long for the fruits of the spirit to be evident in my life at this time.

Yet I'm still failing. I'm receiving the prompting of the Holy Spirit but I'm not moving forward in step with Him and refusing to gratify the desires of my flesh.

Eating has been out of control today in particular. One thing I'm thankful for is my sister-in-law's boyfriend who truly exemplifies a naturally thin eater. I hope and pray that will be me next Christmas in the Lord's strength and power as He continues changing me.

I'm so thankful for Jesus' birth and the gift of salvation. I'm thankful that He doesn't leave us to our own fleshly impulses, in the muck and the mire, with a lack of power and self-control. He gives us His Spirit! He empowers and equips us each step of the way as we abide in Him. Thank you, Lord!

Happy Birthday Jesus! I pray that You would be glorified. Amen.

1 comment:

  1. I'm thankful that He doesn't leave us to our own fleshly impulses, in the muck and the mire, with a lack of power and self-control. He gives us His Spirit! He empowers and equips us each step of the way as we abide in Him. Thank you, Lord!
    amen amen amen

    Christmas Eve before bed, I had to get on my knees and ask for forgiveness for my anger that I held in my heart towards my mother. that God would soften my heart towards her and love her, not allowing insecurities, hurts, etc. to consume me. Thanks for sharing hon!!

    ReplyDelete