Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Promises of God

I was reading in Galatians just yesterday. Galatians 5:16-26 really spoke to me. In particular...
So I say, live by the Spirit, and you will not gratify the desires of the sinful nature. Galatians 5:16
Wow! That's quite a truth statement to meditate on and aspire towards.

Then it moves into the description of the fruits of the Spirit. And it talks about crucifying the sinful nature with its passions and desires if we belong to Christ.

Then...

Since we live by the Spirit, let us keep in step with the Spirit. (v. 25)

I need to follow and obey.

I must LIVE BY THE SPIRIT.

My NIV study notes for Gal. 5:16 states:
"Living by the prompting and power of the Spirit is the key to conquering sinful desires."

So as I take every thought captive for Christ (by surrendering and being dependent on Him as noted in my last post) that means I am doing this through the prompting and power of the Holy Spirit.

HE WILL EQUIP.

Then an encouraging verse popped up, which has spoken to me many other times in the past speaking to other circumstances...

Let us not become weary in doing good, for at the proper time we will reap a harvest if we do not give up. Galatians 6:9

Reap a harvest (Gal. 6:9)! Tomorrow the Lord will do amazing things (Josh. 3:5)! Bring it to completion in Christ Jesus (Phil 1:6)! Awesome promises! God just keeps moulding me. I am being transformed into His likeness with ever-increasing glory, which comes from the Lord, who is the Spirit. (2 Cor. 3:18) I keep on keeping on:-) I cling to the promises of God! I cling to His truth and seek to demolish Satan's lies. I praise Him for His faithfulness and patience with me.

3 comments:

  1. May we not grow weary and in due time, reap a harvest. Great post Christina!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Pretty Lady,

    Just wanted to let you know I dropped by. Pray you're having a very blessed day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awww, thanks:-) You're so sweet:-) Right back at you:-)

    ReplyDelete