Tuesday, December 16, 2008

The Lord's Table~Day 22, 23

Day 22~Ongoing Freedom

Therefore, I urge you, brothers, in view of God's mercy, to offer your bodies as living sacrifices, holy and pleasing to God—this is your spiritual act of worship. Do not conform any longer to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind. Then you will be able to test and approve what God's will is—his good, pleasing and perfect will. Romans 12:1-2

This is my prayer...
Lord, my body and mind and soul is yours. You created me. You are my Lord and Master. I want YOU to have every part of me. I don't want to hold ANYTHING back from you. I surrender to You. Amen.

This lesson moves onto "renewing your mind" by the grace of God. Basically, in TW terminology, a lot of it comes down to the tool of "planning for trials." The author, Mike Cleveland, describes how he wakes up in the morning and spends time with the Lord, presenting his body to the Lord as a living sacrifice, reading and meditating on scripture, looking for Christ and specific ways he can apply what he is studying. (TLT workbook pg 72)

This whole lesson lined up perfectly, and on the same day as (!), my Betho Moore "Breaking Free" lesson on taking captive every thought for Christ! Coincidence???? I think NOT!!! I find it very neat how God works:-)

"We demolish arguments and every pretension that sets itself up against the knowledge of God, and we take captive every thought TO MAKE IT OBEDIENT TO CHRIST." 2 Corinthians 10:5

Here is a quote in regards to "making it obedient to Christ" from the Breaking Free study that resonated with me...
God wants us to be victors. We don't become victors by conquering the enemy. We become victors through surrender to Christ. We don't become victors by our independence from the enemy. We become victors by our dependence on God. Victorious lives flow from victorious thoughts. Thinking victorious thoughts comes from setting our focus on a victorious God.... Remember, this war is for freedom and the battlefield is the mind...

'Consecrate yourselves, for tomorrow the Lord will do amazing things among you.' Joshua 3:5

The wonders God wants to do in all our tomorrows are prepared for in our todays.
Beth Moore's Breaking Free study workbook pg 187


Thank you Lord that you have amazing things planned. Please renew my mind. Demolish the lies of Satan. Make Your truth very evident to me. I desire to fully surrender to you and be dependent upon you. Thank you for being the Victorious One! Thank you for Your patience and mercy and faithfulness. Thank you for keeping your promises. Thank you for the promise that You have amazing things planned. In Jesus name, amen.


--------------------

Day 23~Exclusive Drinking

In a nutshell this lesson is all about reading and APPLYING God's word, taking it to heart, becoming a "doer" of God's word and finding satisfaction in Him alone. Scripture continues to pop up with the water and fruit imagery. It sure is encouraging to know that God offers the most satisfying food and drink which leads to the fruits of the Spirit flourishing in the Believer's life.

Thanks God:-)

1 comment:

  1. "Victorious lives flow from victorious thoughts. Thinking victorious thoughts comes from setting our focus on a victorious God.... Remember, this war is for freedom and the battlefield is the mind... " amen amene amen

    ]That is so cool that you wrote out that scripture and I did today..lol. I've been quoting it all morning as those thoughts keep coming to me, DESTROYING agruments, pretensions that are setting themselves up AGAINST the knowledge of God Almighty!! Taking them captive to the obedience of Christ Jesus. Alleluia!!
    Your prayer for me and Randy brought tears to my eyes..Thank you mighty warrior for standing in the gap.

    ReplyDelete