Sunday, December 21, 2008

Counting My Blessings...

A forgiving God.

They refused to listen and failed to remember the miracles you performed among them. They became stiff-necked and in their rebellion appointed a leader in order to return to their slavery. But you are a forgiving God, gracious and compassionate, slow to anger and abounding in love. Therefore you did not desert them. Nehemiah 9:17

O LORD our God, you answered them; you were to Israel a forgiving God, though you punished their misdeeds.
Psalm 99:8

The Lord our God is merciful and forgiving, even though we have rebelled against him;
Daniel 9:9

I am exceedingly thankful that God continues forgiving me as I call out to Him. I know that I, like Israel, often do things *my* way and rebel against His ways.

Thanks Lord for Your forgiveness, grace, compassion, patience and abounding love. Amen.

(Names/titles/descriptions of God listed in the appendix of "Knowing and Doing the Will of God" by Henry Blackaby.)

No comments:

Post a Comment