Monday, December 1, 2008

Well-Watered Garden part 2

This garden image is sticking with me! As I meditate on it a bit further I see a few more nuggets of truth that God is impressing on me.

First, the whole "God is my new alarm clock" lesson aligns quite well with the garden imagery. It hit me that the best time to water a garden in the heat of summer is early morning. I thought it was quite neat how God directed my attention to this. He truly is the Master Gardener!!! And He wants to give me a good watering before the heat of the day, before the trials begin to come forth for the day.

Secondly, as I read the story of the woman at the well and Jesus offering her living water (in John 4), it cemented this imagery yet more. My Gardener, Jesus, doesn't provide just any water! He provides LIVING water!
Everyone who drinks of this water will thirst again; but whoever drinks of the water that I will give him shall never thirst; but the water that I will give him will become in him a well of water springing up to eternal life. John 4:13-14
So I continue to seek to have a well-watered garden, with deep roots (in the truth of God's Word) and bountiful fruits (of the Spirit!), watered by my Gardener (Jesus Christ) first thing in the morning as my new Alarm Clock (God) wakes me up to saturate me with Living Water!

4 comments:

  1. "So I continue to seek to have a well-watered garden, with deep roots (in the truth of God's Word) and bountiful fruits (of the Spirit!), watered by my Gardener (Jesus Christ) first thing in the morning as my new Alarm Clock (God) wakes me up to saturate me with Living Water!"

    amen amen amen...this quenched my thirst reading this.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Melanie:
    It's good to hear from you again:-) I can understand your feelings about blogging when you're struggling. I'm there on a regular basis too! I'm sorry to hear that you've been discouraged. I'll be remembering you in my prayers.

    And in regards to the imagery... Isn't it cool how God reveals things to us?? I seriously get so excited whenever He speaks to me personally in this way! What an awesome God we serve!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Angela:

    You have inspired me so much as I follow your blog and all the comments you bless people in bloggerland with:-) You are being used by God in mighty ways! And I thank God for YOU:-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Amen to this...He is the Master Gardener. He's the Master of everything. Oh that I could totally surrender to his Lordship.

    I couldn't sleep last night and pray the next time it happens that I will get up and pray instead of tossing and turning.

    Your Sister In Christ,

    ReplyDelete