Monday, October 20, 2008

Thin Within~Day 4

I got caught up on my readings now... So I've now completed the first four chapters.

A few things hit me in my readings...

#1. Keys to Conscious Eating

I am in dire need of re-looking at the keys to conscious eating. I've been growing more aware of my lack of application in this area for the past couple months. A quick reminder of the keys...
1. Eat when my body is hungry ("0").
2. Eat in a calm environment by reducing distractions.
3. Eat when sitting.
4. Eat when my body and mind are relaxed.
5. Eat and drink the things my body enjoys.
6. Pay attention to my food while eating.
7. Eat slowly, savoring each bite.
8. Stop before my body is full ("5").

I am having trouble with each and every one of them, but in particular #2-#7. I am not slowing down enough or savouring both the food and the environment with a grateful heart to God each and every moment of the present.

A goal I would like to set for the next 30 days is for each and every bite of food to be eaten at the dining room table and limit anything that distracts me from following the keys to conscious eating.

#2. Scripture



The LORD is my shepherd, I shall not be in want.
He makes me lie down in green pastures,
he leads me beside quiet waters,
he restores my soul.
He guides me in paths of righteousness for his name's sake.
Psalm 23:1-3

The Lord is my SHEPHERD. I shall not be in want.

How neat is that?! I need to meditate on that truth. It's HUGE!

#3. Goals

I already listed a bunch of goals with my last entry. I'm going to think about and zone in on what purposes God is calling me to. I'm beginning to see His vision and purposes for my life a little more clearly then a few weeks ago... Slowly but surely I'm getting a glimpse... I'll try to get that figured out more clearly in the next bit.

In the meantime I'd like to keep aiming for the goals I listed in the last blog entry.

#1.) Spend time in daily TW reading and devotions each day.
#2.) Spend at least 10 minutes in focussed prayer each day.
#3.) Eat 0-5 consistently.
#4.) Practice eating the
"first meal of the rest of your life" on a regular basis by using the keys to conscious eating.
#5.) 20 minute cardio exercise 3-4x each week.
#6.) Get into bed, lights out by 10:30 pm each weeknight.
#7.) Spend time with each family member doing something meaningful--both my girls and my husband.
#8.) Each day do a 5 minute clutter tackle.
#9.) Each day count a blessing.
#10.) Spend 15 minutes each day encouraging a friend--either by email, phone call or a card or note.


Exercise & Eating Log for today:

Exercise: 20 minutes jump rope
Eating:
0-3 at 10:45am
0-5 at 1pm
0-5 at 5:15pm

I was very tempted to grab a sweet treat this evening, while out shopping... The candies and donuts were calling my name... But I just prayed, calling out to God for help, and thought about those who were doing this 30 day challenge with me...and bypassed the temptations. Thanks Lord! And thanks to those of you who are doing the 30 day challenge!

1 comment:

  1. Wow! Great plans, great goals, and good job passing up the sweets tonight! I'm so glad you're in on this! I'm learning so much and blessed to have each of you along side me!

    ReplyDelete