Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Thin Within~Day 12

Don't you know that you yourselves are God's temple and that God's Spirit lives in you? 1 Corinthians 3:16

So whether you eat or drink or whatever you do, do it all for the glory of God. 1 Corinthians 10:31

Since my body is God's temple and I am called to glorify Him with it....

Do not conform any longer to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind. Then you will be able to test and approve what God's will is—his good, pleasing and perfect will. Romans 12:2

I need to "renew" my mind so that I can "test" and "approve" what God's will is.


So how do I "renew" my mind? Chapter 12 outlines many different things in regards to legalism and grace and who we are in Christ. I think the following quote sums up what what I need to zone in on...

"In Christ" I am inspired by His Spirit to will and to work for His good pleasure (Ephesians 1:9).
"In Christ" I am equipped for whatever He calls me to do, and I am empowered to fight the good fight, holding on to faith and a good conscience (1 Timothy 1:18-19)
"In Christ," I eat only when I am truly hungry and I stop before I am
full. I am not obsessed by counting calories or fat grams. As I eat, I praise God for His goodness. I am free, no longer a slave to sin (Romans 6:6). I am raised up to live a new life of glorious freedom (Romans 6:4). I praise and glorify Christ, not myself. I love practicing the presence of God, walking in fellowship with Him moment by moment. It is truly the icing on the cake that I am releasing weight as well. TW pg122-123


Yesterday I highlighted that I was going to invite God into each meal experience and ask Him show me when and help me stop. So far so good. What a great God we have! I am so thankful for how He cares about these seemingly "mundane" details of life! I will continue with this prayer.

In addition I want to focus on gratitude and practicing His presence each and every moment...as I know I've written countless times on this blog! Once again I'm a broken record, aren't I? :-)

The neat thing is that I know God has been "transforming" me and growing me in quite specific ways for this season of my life... It's interesting looking back over the past year and seeing how He slowly but surely continually nudges me to grow in this area. He doesn't give up on me when I don't progress. His Spirit just keeps on convicting and gently speaking to me. Thanks Lord for Your patience and faithfulness with me!

Here's my exercise (still not squeezing that in) and eating log for today so far:

Exercise: x

Eating:
0-5 at 8:30am
0-5 at 1:00pm
0-5 at 6:20pm

1 comment:

  1. Praise God he never give up on us. What an awesome God we serve. I can't wait to feast on this Chapter later this evening.

    ReplyDelete