Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Thin Within~Day 5

This chapter zoned in on how we are fearfully and wonderfully made by God. I also noticed a number of references to being a work in progress, which spoke to my own personal TW journey and the message that God spoke to me almost a year ago.

"You are a work in progress." TW pg48

"Let's rest in the fact that He who has begun a great, marvelous work in you will carry it on to completion (Philippians 1:6)." TW pg51

Exercise and Eating Log for today:

Exercise:
x

Eating:
0-5 at 8:30am
0-5
at 1:30pm
0-5 at 6:30pm

I felt a bit greedy for sweet treats at both lunch and supper...but didn't eat past #5. I'm not sure what to do with that exactly... Right now I'm just going to pray about it.

6 comments:

  1. I admire your honesty and commitment to TW. Rather than rushing to catch up, I'm going to proceed to Day 4 tomorrow, so I'll be a couple of days behind the rest of you on this challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Seeing that you and I were a bit behind for this challenge from the beginning, it sounds wise to make sure you're not rushing! Better to really soak it all in:-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think sometimes we're gonna feel greedy, and not acting is the best we can do. I hope that doesn't sound negative. I just know that God promises to give us a way out of temptation, and that's it.

    I would prefer if he would completely remove the temptation AND completely remove my sinful nature, but I'm afraid that's not the way this life is gonna work! :)

    I'm going to ask everyone if we need to take an "off" day to catch up. I want everyone to feel "included". Please weigh in if you would? (no pun intended...)

    ReplyDelete
  4. It may be wise to take an off day considering Lil is on vacation and Paula joined a few days into the challenge. I'm fine either way though.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'd like to join you on the 30 day challenge I will just be jumping in where I am now and catching up along the way. GarvyS

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great to have you join us! Boy there are quite a few of us:-) Thanks, Lundie, for getting the ball rolling on this! I'm praying for each and every one of you!

    ReplyDelete