Friday, October 24, 2008

Thin Within~Day 8

I have to confess I've been stepping on the scale quite frequently lately... So much for being ready to let go of it!!! Anyways, I'm still in a ker-fuddle (let's make that a word!) about what to do about the whole scale thing! The main thing is I can tell when it is controlling my emotions--good or bad... And it hasn't been doing that lately for me.

The reason I bring this up is that I'm beginning to think that my weight just may settle in around the 150/151 lbs mark and I REALLY NEED TO BE OKAY WITH THAT!!! I think I'm beginning to accept that. I have been pretty consistent with 0-5 eating and can see myself maintaining this way of eating for life... Everytime I step on the scale lately it has been 151 lbs... So, maybe it is time to let go of the goal to be in the 140's... A thought for me to prayerfully ponder....

Back to the topic of day 8... Everytime I read my TW book I highlight/underline things with a different colored pen/pencil. I also write at the top of each chapter which day I've read it (in the corresponding color for that reading).

So, for example, first time I marked in pencil, second time in pink pencil crayon, third time in red pen, fourth time in blue pen, fifth time in black pen, sixth time in green pen, seventh time in purple pen and now the eighth time (!) in orange pen!!! The reason I bring this up is that as I look over all the markings, words scribbled in the margins, words/verses underlined I can see where God was speaking to me each and every time. Kind of neat:-)

All I can say is that my book is FULL of markings!!! Praise the Lord for continuing to teach me! Ohhhhh, do I ever have so much learning to do!!! I'm also overwhelmed with thankfulness for this TW book which God has used in big ways in my life, drawing me closer to Him and helping me surrender to Him a bit more each day and also helping the roots of my faith deepen and spread out.

Anyways, the verse that stood out for me from today's reading was:

But as for you, be strong and do not give up, for your work will be
rewarded.
2 Chronicles 15:7

And also....

For the eyes of the Lord range throughout the earth to strengthen those whose hearts are fully committed to him. 2 Chronicles 16:9a

I'm not giving up! I'm keeping on keep on! (one of my favorite lines lately:-)

And how is God rewarding all this "work"?

With a deeper, stronger faith.

With increased intimacy and closeness with Him.

With a greater sense of trust and willingness to surrender my life to Him.

With a greater understanding and ability to use/pray Scripture.

With a clearer understanding that it's not MY work but HIS work! He's the one who equips me with all that I need. He's the one who strengthens me. He's the one who pours out love and grace in my life so freely. And He's the one who has released this weight from my body.

And the list could go on and on...

Wow! As I type this up I just feel an overwhelming sense of gratitude to God for all His provisions.

Thanks Lord!

I also know that God has provided me with lots of ways out of temptation... He could use many of the following choices (this is from an older post)...

1.) Take a nap when I'm tired.
2.) Lie down and shut my eyes and meditate on the Lord, be quiet before Him and acknowledge His presence and also His promises to help and strengthen me.
3.) Stop, watch and pray.
4.) Delay and put off giving in to the temptation at hand.
5.) Put some God-honoring music on.
6.) Crack open the Bible. God may speak to me in that very moment through scripture.
7.) Call a friend.
8.) Write out what I'm feeling. Maybe I could delay by coming straight to this blog and typing out what I'm feeling in that moment. This may be the way out that God is providing me at that very moment.
9.) Make a cup of hot herbal tea (no sugar/cream) and savour the flavor and aromas, curl up and relax.
10.) Get busy with something else--reading, crafts, watch a t.v. show, go for a walk, read a story to the kids, chat with my husband, go on the computer etc.
11.) A hot bath may be just what I need in that moment...plus it would help me delay (aka stop), relax some tired muscles, be quiet, and pray.

And there are probably many more ways.... :-)

Thank you Lord for Your provisions.

Exercise and Eating Log for today...

Exercise: x

Eating:
0-3
at 8:45am
0-4 at 10:45am
0-5 at 1:30pm
0-5 at 5:15 pm
(out for dinner--munching started at this time)
4-5 at 8:15pm (I ate a bit more dessert when we got home)

1 comment:

  1. I think you are wise to consider that you might already be just where God wants you, scale wise. You look great, but more that that, you seem to be in a good place are far as eating and how you are feeling...
    Susu

    ReplyDelete