Sunday, October 19, 2008

Thin Within~Day 1, 2, 3

Lundie started a 30 day Thin Within challenge along with a couple other friends. The challenge runs October 17th - November 16th. We will be reading a chapter from the Thin Within book daily over the next 30 days. I plan to post my hunger #'s and observations/corrections here along with any other thoughts along the way.

I know Lil is planning jumping on board. Anyone else???

I just decided to join this challenge today so am behind in the readings. However I'll catch up in the next two days, doubling up on the # of chapters I read. In the meantime, here are a few observations from the past two days.

Saturday, October 18th

Exercise: x
I am craving regular exercise. I know I just need to get my butt in gear and MOVE!!! I find that during outdoor walks or jogs I have some of my best moments with God in prayer and meditation! That's worth more then the body getting back in shape!


0-5 at 8:00am
0-5 at 12:30PM
0 at 4:00pm but didn't eat until supper
0-6 at 5:30pm


I feel far from conscious eating principles right now. I think it is time to freshen up my memory on those and put them in the forefront as I eat.


Sunday, October 19th

Exercise: 1 hour family bike ride

0-5 at 11:00am
0-5 at 6:15pm

Top Ten Goals for the next 27 days:
(aka "habit challenges" by Brandi)

#1.) Spend time in daily TW reading and devotions each day.
#2.) Spend at least 10 minutes in focussed prayer each day.
#3.) Eat 0-5 consistently.
#4.) Practice eating the "first meal of the rest of your life" on a regular basis by using the keys to conscious eating.
#5.) 20 minute cardio exercise 3-4x each week.
#6.) Get into bed, lights out by 10:30 pm each weeknight.
#7.) Spend time with each family member doing something meaningful--both my girls and my husband.
#8.) Each day do a 5 minute clutter tackle.
#9.) Each day count a blessing.
#10.) Spend 15 minutes each day encouraging a friend--either by email, phone call or a card or note.

3 comments:

  1. I'm excited that you're joining us! Having study partners is just the boost I've been needing! ((hugs))

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can I jump in on the challenge? I could use the added encouragement. Thanks for the advice on keeping my TW blog. I'm deleting that post and will start posting and overlapping if needed. I haven't posted on my Paulaswalk account for awhile anyway.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Paula, it would be awesome to have you join us! I'm really looking forward to you continuing your TW specific blog. I have found blogging this journey has been incredibly encouraging, challenging, and rewarding. It's great looking back over previous posts and seeing where I've come from, things that I forget that I actually had "learned" at one time:-) etc.

    It would be great to have you join the 30 day challenge. If you can't catch up with the readings that's okay...just start on day 1 today:-) I have read the first half of the book so many times that reading the first four chapters today was a pretty "easy" read for me! (I've now read the first half of the book eight times in the past 8 months!)

    Christina :-)

    ReplyDelete