Monday, October 6, 2008

This weekend...

...I had pinpointed some of the temptations I would be facing and some of the possible "exit" plans that I could potentially choose so I could stay within 0-5 eating.

Unfortunately I can't say the weekend went perfectly according to the plan... I also can't say that I truly sought the Lord for help. The moments when I ate outside 0-5 were all in the midst of feelings of tiredness. I need to figure out how to truly stop and wait on the Lord in those times of weakness...

So here I give account for how I dealt with the various situations that I had highlighted in my last post:

#1. Supper at a friend's house.
I definitely ate within 0-5 for supper and with the later dessert. I had two small slices of pizza, which in all honesty is pretty much equivalent to the one larger piece I was thinking would be adequate in my exit plan. Unfortunately when I got home, at about 10pm, I had a bit more of the trifle and a small slice of pizza. I didn't feel past a #5, but definitely didn't start at a #0.

#2. Drama Practice.
Eating 0-5 went smoothly. Thanks God!

#3. & #4. Pumpkin Pie temptations & Family Dinner (mexican food).
I started our family meal feeling quite worn out and tired, and wasn't at #0. I ate a really small amount, definitely not eating past a #5. The pumpkin pie was devoured by my family (all 9 of us), so none was left behind to tempt me. However after my family left, I once again fell into wanting just a bit of a treat after I could kick back and relax....and so dug into one wagon wheel cookie.

Well, that's it for now.

1 comment:

  1. I like how you formulate a plan and act on it Christina. I think if I had more forethought yesterday and asked the Lord to help me it would have been a success.

    ReplyDelete