Friday, October 3, 2008

It's fabulous Friday!

Okay, I really didn't know what to use for the title of this post :-) I am looking forward to this weekend though. Yesterday was a pretty emotionally exhausting day at work (lunch hour supervision at school). Tonight is our first night for our small group study. I'm really looking forward to all that God will teach us. And then tomorrow is the start of christmas drama practice. I need to get my butt in gear and get the music learned as I am meant to be leading that particular department. I have some learning to do!!!! Saturday I plan on making some pumpkin pie:-) Yummy!!!! Saturday night our piano will be picked up and sold to that fellow from the States who is driving 20 hours to come pick up our "strange" piano:-) And then Sunday I'm making a somewhat "authentic" mexican meal for my parents and brother and family. I'm looking forward to try out some of my new culinary skills for my family:-)

In regards to eating. Wow, the Lord has really been helping me through the last few days. I made it three days eating 0-5...well last night was a *little* off, but I think it still can pretty much count as 0-5. I was not rumbly hungry, but was pretty much at that hungry spot. And my #5 may have been pushing it a *tiny* bit or it may have been my SUPER tight pants that I wore for the entire day! Regardless, I am thankful for God's strength and help through the past few days. Just about everytime I eat I just find myself overflowing with praise to Him. He really is a giver of such good gifts. Thank you Lord.

I guess I better pre-plan a little for any "trials" that may come up this weekend.

#1 Supper at friend's house tonight.
First I'll aim to be hungry for supper. Next, I will aim to just eat one slice of pizza. Then later I'll be having some "death by chocolate" trifle that I'm bringing for our small group meeting.

#2 Drama practice.
If I'm not hungry for breakfast before practice I will bring along a yogurt & granola bar.

#3 Pumpkin pie temptations.
Save it for dessert! Actually I think I'm saving it for Sunday dinner.

#4 Sunday mexican dinner.
Eat slowly, consciously, despite having company. I know I'll be tempted to have more pumpkin pie after company leaves (which really is enjoyable for me after the hard work of putting a meal together). So I think I'll have a small sliver with the meal and then have a regular piece after everything is cleaned up and company gone....and that is only ONE *regular* (not extra large) sized piece!

Well, that's it for me on this fabulous Friday!!! Have a great weekend y'all!

No comments:

Post a Comment