Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Counting My Blessings...

Bees.
I know this one seems really strange but I'm thankful for bees...because they make honey...and I have really been enjoying honey lately:-)

Tender hearts of children.
I know this one may also seem strange, but I'm thankful that my 9 year old daughter cried about the mouse, who unwisely made a home in our shed, and lost his life as a result! She cried and cried over that mouse last night!

She said things like, "How would you feel if you were that mouse?" "Why can't we put some things out for him to use?" (in reference to all the things mice have destroyed in our shed to make their own nests!) etc. etc.

But I`m thankful that she has this tender heart. I`m thankful that she cares about each and every creature. Thanks, Lord!


Supportive online friends who are following TW.
I`m really thankful for each and every one of the friends God has brought into my life. I know their presence in my life is part of God equipping me. We need each other, to encourage and build up and sharpen each other. Each and every one of these dear ladies are a gift from God. Thanks, Lord!

I praise God because I am fearfully and wonderfully made.

For you created my inmost being;
you knit me together in my mother's womb.
I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made;
your works are wonderful, I know that full well.
My frame was not hidden from you
when I was made in the secret place.
When I was woven together in the depths of the earth,
your eyes saw my unformed body.
All the days ordained for me
were written in your book
before one of them came to be.
Psalm 139:13-16

I'm thankful for this body God has gifted me with. I'm thankful for strong hands and arms. I'm thankful for each and every breath that I am granted to breathe. I'm thankful for each and every experience of my life that God has used to shape me for a purpose. The list could go on and on... Thank you, Lord!

The Lord is my Shepherd.

The LORD is my shepherd,
I shall not be in want.
He makes me lie down in green pastures,
he leads me beside quiet waters,
he restores my soul.
He guides me in paths of righteousness
for his name's sake.
Psalm 23:1-3

The image of me as a lamb and Jesus as the Shepherd, caring for each and every need I may have and seeing dangers and ensuring I'm safe, is a beautiful picture. What an amazing God we serve!

I love the line "I shall not be in want." Wow!

He leads, he restores, he guides. Wow!

Thanks, Lord, for being my Shepherd.

1 comment:

  1. I love reading your list but 909 especially made my heart smile. =)

    ReplyDelete