Friday, October 24, 2008

Thin Within~Day 7

I loved the verse that was highlighted in this chapter...

So do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you; I will uphold you with my righteous right hand. Isaiah 41:10
This is definitely an encouragement to me:-)

Yesterday went so-so in regards to eating. Just when I think I'm doing well (path of my performance) then my sinful nature rears its head! Breakfast and lunch meals were eaten at clear "0"s and I didn't feel I was being greedy for food. However, at supper, the pumpkin pie I had baked definitely tempted me and I know I ate too much. I kept taking a sliver and then another sliver and then another sliver.... You get the picture! And I was being willfully rebellious too... Then about an hour or so later I was serving my kids a bedtime snack and the apples they were munching on looked so yummy...and I reached for one too, knowing I was outside the boundaries of 0-5 eating... Anyways, today is a new day. I'm pushing the restart button and fixing my eyes on Jesus.

So, here's my exercise and eating log for yesterday:

Exercise and Eating Log

Exercise: x

Eating:
0-5
at 8:45am
0-5 at 1:45pm (hungry at 1:15 though)
0-6 at 5:00pm
3-4 at 7:30pm

4 comments:

  1. I've been enjoying reading your journal and your journey has encouraged me to keep going.

    Susu

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is such an encouragement to me that God is able to use all my failings (aka learning experiences!) for His glory and for His purposes. Thanks for the encouragement:-)

    In Christ.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for being transparent about the process. That genuine spirit is inspiring me to do the same! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am thankful for your willingness to share true experiences. I have such a busy weekend, so not sure when I'll get to post again, but when I do, I'm going to post my eating like you do.

    ReplyDelete