Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Today I choose...

I am nearing completion of the Beth Moore study on David. Today's reading zoned in on a passage in 1 Chronicles 28, in particular the following verse:

And you, my son Solomon, acknowledge the God of your father, and serve him with wholehearted devotion and with a willing mind, for the LORD searches every heart and understands every motive behind the thoughts. If you seek him, he will be found by you...
1 Chronicles 28:9


We are to acknowledge God in our lives and surrender to Him. We need to choose today who we are going to serve, as highlighted in the following verse,
Choose for yourselves this day whom you will serve. Joshua 24:15

We are to serve Him willingly with completely undivided devotion.

How often do I divide my devotion to God and prioritize food, comforts of life, wanting to do things my own way, neglect my relationship with God, fail to capture each and every moment for God, spend too much time watching TV or on the computer, sitting around procrastinating, talk the talk but not walk the talk????

Today I choose....

But as for me and my household, we
[I] will serve the LORD.
Joshua 24:15


And a cool nugget of truth...

If you seek him, he will be found by you...
1 Chronicles 28:9

No comments:

Post a Comment