Thursday, October 30, 2008

Thin Within~Day 14

Therefore, I urge you, brothers, in view of God's mercy, to offer your bodies as living sacrifices, holy and pleasing to God—this is your spiritual act of worship. Romans 12:1
I'm to offer my body as a LIVING SACRIFICE to God...

What does that mean?

It comes down to surrendering ALL OF ME to the Lord.

I wonder if I'm trying to hold anything back from the Lord. Am I trying to hide anything from Him?

I know at times I hold on tightly to my selfish desires in regards to eating. I *want* more chocolate. I *want* to eat now. I don't *want* to stop. I need to be willing to do what He wants me to do, to give up what He wants me to give up, to be what He wants me to be.

I was reading Matthew 23 today and it zoned in on the hypocrisy of the Pharisees and teachers of the law.

You give a tenth of your spices... But you have neglected the more
important matters of the law--justice, mercy and faithfulness.

You clean the outside of the cup and dish, but inside they are full of greed and self-indulgence.

You are like whitewashed tombs, which look beautiful on the outside but on the inside are full of dead men's bones.

I want to be REAL with both God and with others. I don't want the outside to be looking in perfect order while on the inside I a mess and living for self. I desire to have a heart surrendered fully to God. I want to be concerned with more then just rules and want to go straight to what matters to most to God. I want to clean the inside of the cup so that the outside will also be clean. I want to clear out the dead bones inside the whitewashed tombs and unwrap the grave clothes.

I have been crucified with Christ and I no longer live, but Christ lives in me. The life I live in the body, I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave himself for me. Galatians 2:20
Here's my eating log for today (so far):

0-5 at 10:45am (hungry at 10:15am)

0-3 at 3:00pm

0-5 at 5:00pm

3-3 at 8:00pm
Note: I just took a few sample bites of a chocolate chip cookie I was baking for my daughter's class party tomorrow. I am longing to eat some more chocolate bars...but I surrender this longing to Jesus. I know He is providing something even better for me that will satisfy me yet more!

4 comments:

  1. It's so hard to surrender all, but that's my desire too. I don't want to be fake, I want to vulnerable, moldable, usable. You are being so good in your eating. I looked back over the past several days and you've been right on. Praise God for your faithfulness.

    Are you going through the Thin Within book during this challenge? It seems like I'm on a different day. You pick awesome photos to post with your writings.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was reading chapter 14 today, so I'm pretty sure I'm on track with the reading pace. I guess we all take different things out of each chapter. Today I *did* go off into some other verses, not included in the reading, that were speaking to me today which may explain some of the confusion.

    In regards to eating... Boy the Lord has been faithful and helped me through each day. Let's see how tomorrow goes! I guess I should be doing some planning for trials... Although of course I've already been eating candy bars in advance of Halloween so maybe tomorrow won't be any different! Regardless, it is hitting me that I need to do some planning for trials for the upcoming weekend!

    You're eating has been looking on track for the most part too. That's awesome! Good job waiting with that slice of pie tonight. I would have had a hard time submitting my will to the Lord with that. Way to go:-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Christina! Your faith and dedication is just awesome. And I completely agree with Paula - I love the pictures you use!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Kelly! In regards to the pics...they're mostly just found in my google image searches:-)

    ReplyDelete