Thursday, October 16, 2008

Willful Sins

Keep your servant also from willful sins;
may they not rule over me.
Psalm 19:13

I ran across the above verse last night. This is truly my prayer. Sometimes my sins are less intentional--although just as wrong and in need of repentance. But often times my sins are actually *willful* and they do seem to "rule" over me. I find it sad that I treat God's grace in this way. I certainly am thankful for God's forgiveness and faithfulness.

Lord, please search me and know my heart, test me and know my anxious thoughts, see if there is any offensive way in me (Psalm 129:23-24). May your Holy Spirit convict me. And may your grace cleanse me. Purge the sin from my heart, thoughts and life. I want to follow you alone, Lord. In Jesus name, amen.

1 comment:

  1. I needed to read this verse tonight. I've been willfully sinning with food this week. Make no doubt about it...this post was meant for me,

    ReplyDelete