Monday, April 28, 2008

April 16

April 16th food log:
(Chapter 14)

I could really relate to the story on p.144 about Rebecca who learned to be “willing” to hear God’s voice and not insist on her “right” to three meals a day. I know that I need to be willing to give up more food, share my food, cut my food portions in half etc.

I think I’m also going to print Dr. Neil Anderson’s list of false beliefs combated with truth:

1.) Why should I say I CAN'T, when the Bible says I can do all things through Christ who gives me strength? (Phil 4:13)

2.) Why should I LACK, when I know that God shall supply all my needs according to His riches in glory in Christ Jesus? (Phil 4:19)

3.) Why should I FEAR, when the Bible says God has not given me a spirit of fear, but of power, love, and a sound mind? (2 Tim. 1:7)

4.) Why should I LACK FAITH to fulfill my calling, knowing that God has allotted to me a measure of faith (Rom 12:3)

5.) Why should I be WEAK when the Bible says that the Lord is the strength of my life and that I will display strength and take action because I know God? (Ps 27:1; Dan. 11:32)

6.) Why should I allow SATAN SUPREMACY over my life, when He that is in me is greater than he that is in the world? (1 John 4:4)

7.) Why should I ACCEPT DEFEAT, when the Bible says that God always leads me in triumph? (2 Cor. 2:14)

8.) Why should I LACK WISDOM, when God generously gives wisdom to me when I ask Him for it? (1 Cor. 1:30; James 1:5)

9.) Why should I be DEPRESSED, when I can have hope by calling to mind God’s loving-kindness, compassion, and faithfulness? (Lam. 3:21 – 23)

10.) Why should I ever be in BONDAGE, knowing that there is liberty in the Spirit of the Lord? (Gal. 5:1)

No comments:

Post a Comment