Sunday, April 27, 2008

MARCH - TW ch 8

March 8th:

Yeah! I had a full day of 0-5 eating! The last two days of reading have just really drove home to me what TW is all about. I have come to the conclusion I really wasn’t following much of TW at all the past month. I was following some hunger/fullness but not really applying all the concepts that TW has to offer. I’m feeling SOOOO excited again! I remember all the “aha” moments in November as I read the book daily. I’m back there again and learning so much about myself and really know this is the place to be! Praise God! I’m feeling very thankful!

What a powerful quote on p. 75 “As we surrender our hearts fully to His Spirit, we continue now to build in the strength of the Lord. He knows our hearts. He wants to give us His strength and He doesn’t expect us to succeed apart from Him.” I find this very encouraging!

Also, the verse in 2 Cor. 10:5 “we take captive every thought to make it obedient to Christ” resonates with me too.

Some of my answers I could relate to (from the list of beliefs about food/eating/weight that participants had shared on p. 78):
* Chocolate makes me feel better.
* Once I eat one potato chip (or in my case one bite of cookie etc.) I won’t be able to stop.
* I always gain weight during the holidays.
* Losing weight is so difficult.
* I always gain weight back after I lose it.

Now the exercise the REALLY excited me the most today was the Planning for Trials Exercise. I think it is an AWESOME exercise that actually makes me feel quite empowered. I was talking with my husband, Jon, last night saying how it just feels like this whole weight issue/food has mastery over me and I know God wants nothing to master me except HIM! So, it is a challenge for me to find ways to deal with temptation. So, here are my answers to the "Planning for Trials Exercise" pg 81:

Trigger: Supper is ready, but I’m not hungry yet.
Emotions: I feel impatient, the pull of food is like a magnet.
Godly strategy: I could go to my BR (far away from the dinner table) and pray, do devos. Another option would be to have a cup of herbal tea and sit at the table and visit with the family.

Trigger: Eating out at a restaurant.
Emotions: I feel like I must clean my plate to get my $$’s worth.
Godly strategy: Eat only half the amount, eat the best parts! Pack the leftovers of course.

Trigger: Offered something when I’m not at “0”.
Emotions: I feel the magnetism toward food and also guilt if I say “no”.
Godly strategy: Just say “NO thank you!!!!”

Trigger: After company I usually dig into another helping of dessert in front of the TV.
Emotions: I feel the magnetism, the greed for food and very tired out wanting to relax.
Godly strategy: A better response would probably be to have a bath and relax and pray there….or have a herbal tea in front of the TV.

Trigger: Baked goodies are calling my name for a taste-test.
Emotions: I feel greed, impatience (“I want it NOW!”).
Godly strategy: I should leave the room, go to BR and spend tiem in prayer. Wait for “0”.

Trigger: I want to eat it ALL!!
Emotions: I feel GREEDY!!!
Godly strategy: I should leave the room, go to BR and spend tiem in prayer. Wait for “0”.

Trigger: I am tired out and just want to eat to get some extra energy or to just move on with the day.
Emotions: I feel tiredness, grumpiness, impatience.
Godly strategy: I think a better response would be for me to have a bath or to have a nap to rest up. Or just have a little tea to get me by….I’m taking to herbal teas as you can tell!

No comments:

Post a Comment