Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Progress

I finished reading the "Thin Within" book for the second time now. I have found it such an insightful, uplifting, life-changing book! I'm looking forward to starting "Thin Again" (by the same authors) tomorrow.

I stepped on the scale today and was so encouraged to see the #'s finally move down! I have been 165 lbs steady since mid-March. I have been thankful to maintain that weight...but still longed to see some progress. So, to see 164 lbs on the scale today was a HUGE deal for me! I feel like I've crossed another hurdle and am hoping and praying I will continue to release some more weight. Last November I was 173 lbs. When I re-started TW in February I was 172 lbs...down 8 lbs in the past three months. Praise God!

“With Thin within, you don’t need to be perfect, but I came to understand I needed to persevere. Things happen and can seem overwhelming, but now I know how to refocus on God and press on.” (p.259 TW)

“Never confuse a single defeat with a final defeat.”
F. Scott Fizgerald

“…being confident of this, that He who began a good work in you will carry it on to completion until the day of Christ Jesus.” Phil 1:6

You can view my Daily Food Log
here.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Christina!

    Just found your blog from your TW post. I think I might try to read TW again and get blogging again on my SCOH blog... Thanks for sharing your thoughts! I linked to you as a "Journey Companion".

    Lundie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for visitting! It's great to have other like-minded people alongside me in this journey :-) I tried looking at your blog but the font size were really huge...maybe something was up with my computer...hmmm...looking forward to browsing it though.

    Christina :-)

    ReplyDelete