Monday, April 28, 2008

April 11

April 11th food log:
(Chapter 11)

“Be self-controlled and alert..resist him (devil), standing firm in the faith.”
1 Peter 5:8-9

“So whether you eat or drink or whatever you do, do it all for the glory of God.” 1 Cor 10:31

As I read this chapter I really felt motivated to re-think my progress. First of all, whether or not I reach my goal weights isn’t the crunch issue. I need to continue eating this way regardless if I lose weight or not…even if it just means maintaining, I need to be listen to my body’s God-given hunger/fullness signals. This is an encouraging (and scary) thought as I really came to terms with this being a for the rest of my life life-style change. I don’t want this to be a fad again. I have deep fears that this summer everything will revert when we’re on holidays. I pray this will not happen. Secondly, I felt challenged to think “How LITTLE does my body need?” rather then the way I often think now “How MUCH can I eat before I get full?” I need to have this really resonate with me to the core of me. I know I often think “oh one little bite hardly counts, so I’ll just finish that up even though I’m feeling full.” Etc. BUT if I actually stopped and didn’t eat all those extra “little” bites they would all add up to actually make a difference I bet. Anyways, I’m not giving up.

I’m not a failure, but rather a Saint by God’s calling who fails. I can’t….but God, you can.

Lord, please help me!

No comments:

Post a Comment