Sunday, April 27, 2008

MARCH - TW ch 24

March 24th:

“We also rejoice in our sufferings, because we know that suffering produces perseverance; perseverance, character; and character, hope. And hope does not disappoint us, because God has poured out his love into our hearts by the Holy Spirit, whom he has given us.” Romans 5:3-5

“No temptation has overtaken you but such as is common to man; and God is faithful, who will not allow you to be tempted beyond what you are able, but with the temptation will provide the way of escape also, that you may be able to endure it” 1 Cor. 10:13

Your resolve to finish the restoration and subsequent maintenance of your body, God’s temple, will undoubtedly be challenged; so be prepared and well armed. Look on your trials as an opportunity for the Lord to form and shape your character. He will provide a way of escape if you are open to it. You can be confident that He will not allow anything to prevent the accomplishment of His plan and purpose for His beloved, you. He will provide the grace and the strength you need to emerge victorious.” P.257

This chapter really spoke to me, right where I was at… I was feeling quite down, like a failure once again. And this chapter just lifted me right up out of that defeated place and back on the path of grace. As I started reading I was at a place where I was fearing being unable to successfully complete my goals… I felt like I had failed and was feeling quite down…

A statement on p. 259 that stood out was: “With Thin within, you don’t need to be perfect, but I came to understand I needed to persevere. Things happen and can seem overwhelming, but now I know how to refocus on God and press on.”

P. 260 Specific Actions to take to reach Goals

Goal #1:
0-5 Eating 0-5 consistently
Expect to realistically reach 162lbs by Monday, March 31st if I follow the above plan.

1.) Pray each morning (and through day) a prayer of surrender and cry for help.
2.) Post planning for trials exercise around the house, drawing more attention to them.
3.) Conscious Eating – refocus
4.) Continue with daily journaling and food log.
5.) Keep a gratitude journal (add it to my daily journal).
6.) Practice praying scripture and claiming promises.
7.) Limit the baking!


Goal #2:
Exercise 4x week
This goal is on hold until April when I will tackle this one full force. I am okay with this. I’m looking forward to the warmer weather and starting a 3 month exercise challenge with Jon.

Goal #3:
Clean laundry room, under bathroom sink, medicine cabinet
1.) Today – clean medicine cabinet
2.) Tuesday evening – clean under sink
3.) Next Monday, March 31st clean laundry room

No comments:

Post a Comment